Even Better After 50: How to Become (and remain) Well of Body, Wise of Mind, and Whole of Spirit in the Second Half of Life.
(12 sessions plus introduction)
Audience: All persons 50+ who wish optimal health, wellness, and well-being in body, mind and spirit in a Christian spiritual context.
This 12 session DVD Program comes with a copy of the
BOOK: Even Better After 50: How to Become (and remain) Well of Body, Wise of Mind, and Whole of Spirit in the Second Half of Life, pgs. 232, R.P. Johnson
Reproducible Topical Outlines and Insight Exercises
This program goes far beyond simple “health practices” (diet, exercise, etc.) for better health; it teaches how to harness psychological power, and spiritual strength to achieve optimal health in body, mind, and spirit. The program has three parts:
I. Achieving Lifelong Wellness ................. BODY
Health is a very personal journey: thriving, not simply surviving. Wellness means adding life to your years, not simply years to your life! The four spirituality and health & wellness competencies are:
- Session 1. Building Lifelong Wellness
- Session 2. Mastering the Psychology of Leisure
- Session 3. Taking Charge of Your Health
- Session 4. Energizing the Positive
II. Mastering the Art of Living Wisely ......... MIND
Being wise means that the Lifelong Faith Learner has developed methods for approaching life that allows her or him to think clearly, accurately, and rationally about themselves and about others, and consequently able to make wise life decisions.
The four "wisdom" competencies are:
- Session 5. Maximizing Personal Resources
- Session 6. Creating Healthy Relationships
- Session 7. Learning the Art of Exceptional Living
- Session 8. Actualizing Wise Expectations
III. Discovering the Pathways to Wholeness ..... SPIRIT
Wholeness refers to a state of advancing integration with Christ. When a person is whole all the pieces of their life are cohesively held together by the unifying power of faith. There is a transcendent quality to these Lifelong Faith Learning Adults. The four spirituality and health "wholeness" competencies are:
- Session 9. Finding Natural Peace and Harmony
- Session 10. Harnessing the Power of Purpose
- Session 11. Living in the Whole "NOW"
- Session 12. Honoring Your Real Self
We Also Recommend